How to change text and language settings
Use Continually in any language
Looking to translate your bot into your own language? You can easily edit any English placeholders into your own language from your settings.
In this article we cover:
- How to edit and translate English placeholders.
- Editing your calendar and appointment options (date/time/day)
- Editing and translating livechat phrases
- Editing and translating the cancel and reschedule phrases
- What our next stage is for localisation.
- Can you have more than one language?
How to edit English place holders
- Go to Install & settings and select the Localisation page
- You will find four tabs that classify the English phrases used across all the app. There is an input field for each of the English placeholders. You can enter whatever you would like and see how it will look on your bot on the right.
- Once you're happy hit SAVE or you will lose any changes you made.
Editing your calendar and appointment options (date/time/day)
Appointment & Calendar question
You can change the English placeholders on your appointment questions. You will find these placeholders in the Conversation Objects tab.
Changing the days and months.
You can translate each of the days and months in your Date & Times tab in Localisation page.
You can also select how you want the date format to look dd/mm/yyyy.
Changing the time format
We have added the option of using 12hr and 24hr clock.
Editing and translating livechat phrases
You can edit, translate and customize the livechat phrases under the Livechat tab in the Localisation page.
Note: You can change the automatic responses and the request info messages under your Livechat settings.
Editing and translating the Cancel and Reschedule phrases
You can translate the phrases on the Cancel and Reschedule appointment page. You will have a placeholder for each English phrase under the Cancellation & rescheduling page tab.
What our next stage is for localisation
Editing the English placeholders is just our first step for localisation. We wanted to deliver this option as soon as possible. We hope to translate our English placeholders to different languages for you to select from a menu.
Some of our awesome customers have given us translations already. If you are able to help us and translate our English placeholders it would be really really appreciated.
Get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss further details!
Can I have more than one language for different bots?
Currently no. We would like to add the option of selecting a language for each bot that you create.