How to use variables to make your bots more personal
The power of variables 💪
Variables allow you to make your bot that little bit more human by recalling stored answers to previous questions.
So when you capture Jeff's name, use it when he returns to visit!
How does it work?
You can use questions in your conversation and then store the answers in a variable.
We have some defaults already like name, company and email.
So when you use a name capture question in your conversation. The answer will be store in the @name variable where you can use it in any of your messages.
How to make your own custom variables
Creating your own variables is a piece of cake 🍰
- Sign into your Continually account
- Select a Bot you wish to edit and go to the messages section.
- Click on the question you wish to create a variable from.
- Click on the checkbox Store this answer as a variable?
- You can not rename this variable so you can remember it easier. You can also set a fallback answer. (A fallback answer is incase you use this variable and there is no stored answer.)
- Hit the save button
- Now you can add your new variable to any messages you want.