01 - Getting started - Building a chatbot
Quickly learn how to build your own custom chatbots.
In this article
How to create a new bot
1. Go to the Bots page, then you can click on the Create new bot button
2. You will be given the choice of templates which you can preview and choose or you can select the last option which is to Start from scratch
3. Once you make your choice you will then be taken inside the bot builder where you can begin to build out your conversation
How to name your bot
One of the first things you might want to do is name your new created bot to help keep track of your bots. These names ARE NOT shown to your customers so you can be as descriptive as you like.
1. Click on the messages section of your bot to take you inside the bot builder
2. On the top left you can click on the existing name and enter your new name
How to build out your bot's conversation
This is where your bot comes to life and you can add whatever you want to your chatbot!
How to add and edit new messages object
1. To add a new message or question, simply click on the Add Object button, choose which object you want to add and drag it onto your canvas
2. To edit the object on your canvas, click on it to open up the editing modal make your changes and this hit save.
Setting an opening message
Every bot conversation needs a starting point. To set a starting message is simple.
1. Hover over the object you want to use at the beginning and click on the start icon.