01 - Getting started - Building a chatbot
Building a chatbot
This article will help you create your first bot covering:
- How to create a new bot
- How to name your bot
- How to build out your bots conversation
- Setting an opening message
- How to change description
- How to change sender of the bot
At the bottom of this article there will be links to other related articles.
How to create a new bot
Once you have created your profile and are ready to start creating new bots, you need to head over to your Bots page.
1. Once your on this page you can click on the create new bot button
2. You will be given the choice of templates which you can preview and choose or you can select the last option which is to start from scratch
3. Once you make your choice you will then be taken inside the bot builder where you can begin to build out your conversation
How to name your bot
One of the first things you might want to do is name your new created bot to help keep track of your bots. These names ARE NOT shown to your customers so you can be as descriptive as you like.
1. Click on the messages section of your bot to take you inside the bot builder
2. On the top left you can click on the existing name and enter your new name
How to build out your bots conversation
This is where your bot comes to life and you can add whatever you want to your chatbot!
How to add and edit new messages object
1. To add a new message or question, simply drag one of the objects onto your canvas
2. To edit the object on your canvas, click on it to open up the editing modal make your changes and this hit save.
Setting an opening message
Every bot conversation needs a starting point. To set a starting message is simple.
1. Hover over the object you want to use at the beginning and click on the start icon.