Using multiple bots across my website
Use different bots on each page of your website
You can install as different bots across your site as you want! Use different kinds of bots like a "welcome bot" on your home page and "sign up bot" on your blog to help you achieve your goals!
This guide will cover:
Where to find your embed code
Note: Your embed code does not change for each bot
So you have you embed code installed and you have created a few bots that are ready to be displayed across your site. Now you need to add URL targeting so that we know where to display each bot.
Important: If any bot is left LIVE with the default targeting rule "All pages" it will overwrite the bots with targeting rules set.
- Log in to your Continually account
- Along the top navigation, click on Bots to go to your bots page
- Next, you need to click on the Targeting section to begin to add URL targeting rules.
- Once you are in the targeting section you can add a URL targeting rule.
- The final step for this bot is to set your bot to LIVE and hit publish
Still can't see your bots?
If you have installed the embed code but still can't see your bots here is a quick checklist for you to check.
- Make sure your bot is set to LIVE and not in DRAFT
- If you used targeting check there are no spelling mistakes.
- If you used other targeting rules check that you meet the required rules when you are testing.
- If you used 2 URL targeting rules, check that your rule is set to "Match all these rules"
Not seeing the correct bot?
Here are some things you can check to make sure your bot is displayed correctly.
- The bot you want to use is set to LIVE and other bots you don't want to use are set to DRAFT
- If you are using more than one bot, make sure none of the bots are left with the targeting rule set to display on all pages.